Marley's Who Dunnit

  I have been doing my who dunnit for a while and I think it turned out great!!!





The note




SLAM as my locker shut and then I realized that there was something not right. I felt someone watching me and so I opened my locker door again and then I saw a note so I shoved the note into my bag and walked to my least favorite class - maths. I sat down at my desk and kept on thinking about what the note said because I never got a chance to read it. After that, it was home time so me and my friend Amy walked home and soon I got a headache because my mind sang The note. Soon I got home and opened the door and I had that same feeling that someone was out there watching and waiting. “DAD DAD,” I yelled... there was no answer. I walked to my room and lay down on my bed thinking about the note I found in my locker. I sat up and got my bag and opened the bag. The note. My mind sang again. I picked up the note very slowly as I thought something would jump out of it. I unfolded it and read it…




Beware of the darkness

Beware of your dreams

Beware of what is coming

The humming will take over and the world will be doomed




The humming? What humming. I have to go to the library to try to find out what this means.




Later on, I went to the library and looked at the metrics to try to find M for mysterious notes. I opened the draw to find a big giant tarantula staring up at me. I hate spiders. They have three small eyes, eight big long hairy legs, and worst of all it crawls around. It was humming a quiet but catchy song. I started to panic, it started to crawl toward me. I didn't know what to do so I yelled and everyone came to steer at me. A boy in the crowd came to the front “Aww” the boy said “it's so cute,” I came to face the boy looked him in the eye and asked him to pick the spider up and he said it was too risky so I asked him to keep an eye on it and I will be back later.




Later I came back with a spider tank and a piece of paper. I used the paper to push the tarantula into the tank. I walk back home thinking about the note and if this is a clue because tarantulas don't live in New Zealand? How was there a spider in NZ how could he have gotten here? I kept on walking thinking how clueless I am. I opened the door and stepped right into my bedroom. I placed the tank down on my shelf. It is a clue the spider was humming the spider a virus that spreads a humming song!!! Now how do I destroy it? My sister Courtney walked in, she always has her hair up or down all the time, she has her phone glued to her hand, and always has track pants and a gray t-shirt on. “Omg Marley, why did mum ever let you get a tarantula, those spiders don't even live in NZ? Can I pat it … I don't care what you say, I am just going to pat it anyway.” NO, I thought you can't. But it was too late. Courtney was already humming and the tarantula was sitting on her shoulder. I had to run, but I couldn't I just ate lunch but I had to. I jumped out of my window and ran for it, then out of nowhere Amy jumped out in front of me she was humming the same tune and she had another spider on her shoulder. No Amy but how is there more spiders? I have to keep running. I ran into the school but then Sally my other friend was behind me too! Now, three people were chasing me and then I did the worst thing ever, I turned around and looked at how many people were behind me. Ten people and ten spiders were there. I turned around and ran back home. I got outside and no one else was acting all creepy and then all of a sudden the people behind me were gone, disappeared into thin air, and then realized all of those people were my friends and family. Someone was trying to kidnap me maybe? No, I can't let anyone hurt me or my family.




I went to school the next day and everything was normal but that my family and friends were gone. I just got out of my favorite class PE. Why I like Pe so much is because I am the fastest girl in my age group. Next Semester... SLAM as my locker shut liked the day when this all started, wait was that another note? I opened my locker. Another note. Not again. I opened it and it said…




Beware of the darkness

Beware of the missing

Beware of what is coming

Or you’ll never succeed.




What did this mean? Never succeed? I will succeed. I have to go… because I have to succeed and save my family and friends. I ran back home and to try and remember how my family and friends went missing in the first place and then it hit me. I opened the door and ran to the spider tank and the spider was there again? I opened the lid and picked the spider up. The spider crawled up my arm and the spider started to hum then I started to hum as if the spider took control of me. I stood there for approximately fifteen minutes and then everything turned black, and my whole body went numb.




I woke up. I was in a black sad, gloomy place. I stood up and stumbled around for a moment. I couldn’t see, it was all blurry, as I walked around my eyesight got better and I could see again. Oh no, my family and friends were hanging upside down covered in cobwebs. My gut told me this is bad and my mum told me to listen to it and run. I couldn't run. I was trapped in a place with black walls, a black roof, no windows, and no light.




“Hello.” a voice said

“What have you done to them!” I yelled at the voice furiously

“Well…” Said the voice again “I can't tell you that”

“WHY NOT,” I started to cry. All I wanted to do was go back home and forget that this has ever happened.

“Shh, this will only hurt a bit.”




I woke up and my head hurt more than it ever has. I opened my eyes and I found myself hanging upside down next to my Mum. I felt all sticky from the cobweb. I twisted and twisted but couldn't get free. It was useless this whole thing. Why me? Who would want me? I am not important. I felt something move in my pocket. It was moving around so I put my hand to get it and it is a knife, a pocket, the sharpest knife I have ever held. I got my right arm free and pulled the knife out of my pocket. First I cut myself free and then I cut Mum, dad, Amy and the rest free. I fell to the ground with a thud.




“I see your very smart miss Marley Green.” the voice said.

“ I want to know who you are,” I yelled.

“ Ok,” said the voice “but you will be very scared”




A giant spider with a human head crawled out of the darkness. “I’m not scared of you!” I said to the spider.




“Oh,” said the spider “really.” He crawled forward, opened his mouth, and threatened to bite me. I saw two massive fangs, I moved back in fear. He opened his mouth wider and wider and eventually he shot black venom out of his fangs and it skimmed my left cheek. I hurt more than anything and then slowly my skin started to burn away. He shot venom on my left palm and it did the same. It hurt as bad, slowly burning away. I got the knife out of my pocket and threw it at the spider. It stabbed his heart, He gasped for air but it was too late he was already lying on the floor breathing heavenly until the breathing stopped.




“Uhhh,” Amy grunted

“AMY!!!” I screamed at her

“Where am I?” Amy said 

“Funny story,” I told her about what happened and how she and all the people on the ground were chasing me and how you disappeared. Soon everyone woke up and they were all confused about what happened. It turned all into darkness again… While it was dark I was thinking about how I saved them all and who that man spider was.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Play Make Create

Art

Roll A Story